Let’s be honest, this time of year pumpkin is everywhere! You just can’t escape it, and honestly who’s complaining?
The only downside is that not all pumpkin-flavored foods are healthy. In fact, many of them are artificial and downright yucky, but don’t worry, because I’ve solved that problem.
If you love pumpkin and want to enjoy it this season without eating a whole bunch of artificial ingredients and foods loaded with sugar, you’re in luck.
I decided it was time to come up with a pumpkin spice recipe full of raw and real ingredients that tastes even better than those store-bought pumpkin-flavored cookies and cakes.
These 10-Minute Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites offer the best of both worlds. They are full of pumpkin flavor and ingredients to fuel your body with healthy sources of energy to satisfy that sweet tooth and nourish your body at the same time. This recipe is basically a win-win.
I should also warn you that they don’t last long, so double or triple your batch and freeze leftovers to snack on all throughout this delicious pumpkin season!
10-Minute Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites
Makes 12 energy bites
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup unsweetened creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut butter
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 small pinch of sea salt
1. Start by adding the peanut butter and coconut butter to a saucepan on low heat, and stir until melted. Set aside.
2. Next, add the rolled oats and chopped walnuts to the base of a food processor, and process until finely ground. Add in the peanut butter mixture and the remaining ingredients, and pulse until super smooth.
3. Roll the dough into balls and place in a glass freezer-safe container.
4. Freeze for 15 minutes before serving, and refrigerate or freeze any leftovers.